Thursday, July 9, 2009

Time passes so swiftly.

Today is the day that we are going to the home school library to check out Aubrey's school books for the next year. Are we *really* going into our 4th year with this? Where did the time go?

This week was also the memorial of Michael Jackson. Has it really been 27 years since Thriller came out? I was in 8th grade at Troy Middle school when that album came out. Times were so much simpler then. Or so they seemed in my 8th grade mind.

I specifically remember one day in P.E. For some reason, Joe was sitting out. I think he had hurt his knee. He had brought his boom box to school and had it loaded with "Thriller". So, during that P.E. class, Joe played that tape very loudly. We all were jamming and playing dodge ball-back when you still COULD play dodge ball, to P.Y.T., Billy Jean, Beat It, Thriller, and Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'. We were in 8th grade-top of the food chain for elementary school, we were playing dodge ball to Michael Jackson, we were "IT". It didn't get any better than this.

As I watched the Memorial, the memories of songs that were sung by Michael crept into my mind. It hit me, at almost every point in my life, playing in the background is a Michael Jackson song.

The memorial was a beautiful tribute to an icon of my generations youth.
Rest In Peace, Michael.

No comments: